4-day tour extension at a beach-side resort on the Andaman Sea island of Koh Lanta
Easily accessed from Krabi Airport, the Andaman Sea island of Koh Lanta provides a great beach extension opportunity for families, couples or solo travellers. The sizeable island consists of sandy, west-facing beaches, mangroves on its east coast and a jungle-clad interior with plenty of local villages to explore offering shops and facilities, as well as independent cafes and restaurants catering to all tastes.
Make the most of the sandy beaches and shallow seas, treat yourself to some spa or massage therapy or sundowners at the beach bar or sample some of the sumptuous local seafood dishes and Thai curries. Alternatively, a variety of activities are on offer on-site including boat tours and snorkelling/diving trips, a visit to the famous Phi Phi Islands, discovering the island’s local culture and village life or canoeing through the aforementioned mangrove swamps for example.
Krabi Airport has regular flights to Bangkok and is also served by direct flights from, for example, Chiang Mai so is suitable as an add-on or beach extension to all of our Thailand tours and indeed tours to neighbouring, regional destinations such as Cambodia and Laos.
Once on the island, our regular choices – both situated on Long Beach on the island’s west coast – are either the Lanta Casuarina Beach or the Lanta Castaway Resort. Both are comfortable resorts offering, beachside locations with chalet-style accommodation in a garden setting, in-house restaurants and beach bars and local tours, day trips and activities. The latter has a slightly more low-key, intimate-style set-up while the former features a spectacular, beachfront infinity pool. Our standard pricing is based on ‘Villa’ accommodation at Casuarina and ‘Sea Breeze Bungalow’ at Castaway although a variety of categories are available at both.
Our published programme, and corresponding price, starts and finishes at Krabi Airport but return flights to Bangkok can be added as required. Finally, while our suggestion is 4 days and 3 nights, including transfers, your stay can be tailored to any length of time.
Here's an idea of what you can expect to do and see day-to-day.
The nitty-gritty, the things you need to know, the answers to your burning questions.
Just a few of the many highlights
Extend your tour with a few days of quality island time at a beachside resort on Koh Lanta in South Thailand's Krabi Province.
- Convenient, regular flight connections to Bangkok and beyond from nearby Krabi Airport
- Comfortable, friendly, low-key, beachside resorts overlooking the Andaman Sea
- Some quality downtime while a wide range of activites and day tours are available for the more active
- A choice of resorts and accommodation categories to suit any requirements and budgets
- Sample the renowned Thai cuisine at in-house restaurants and beachbars or check-out the spa and massage options
- Boat trips, snorkelling and diving options, visits to Phi Phi or exploring the island are on offer
We choose our hotels based on a combination of location, comfort and convenience. Here is a *selection of the types of hotel/rooms you can expect to stay at on this tour...
Lanta Castaway Resort view
- Cosy, low-key, beachside resort
- Easy access to local village, shops, cafes and restaurants
- A variety of activites and day trips available
Lanta Casuarina Resort view
- Great beachside location overlooking the Andaman Sea
- Beach bar, pool and excellent in-house restaurant
- Easy access to local shops, cafes and restaurants
*This list should be considered a guide only, hotels/rooms may change (without notice) depending on availability.
Holidays should never end, stay a little longer. These tours go well with this extension...
Here is what out guest have to say about their experience on this tour...
Travel with us and be the first to tell others about your experience!